Cafe 227

Sunday, November 12, 2006

While I Was Gone...

Back from a week-long business trip beginning in Kansas City and ending in New York, with a couple of days in Las Vegas sandwiched in between. I returned to DC broke, physically drained, and emotionally spent. But the Steelers won, so I'm in good spirits. And, I got some great links while I was gone (mostly from Doza, as usual):

  • News from my alma mater: A bunch of Georgetown Students have declared themselves a "religious community" to skirt a zoning law that limits the number of unrelated people living in a house to six. I'm not sure whose side I should take here - the puerile, spoiled college student whose rich daddy bought him a $2.4 million house in Georgetown, or the hoity-toity, overdramatic Georgetown residents who say things like "This shameless proposal...could have potentially devastating effect on the quality of life in our neighborhood."
  • More news from my alma mater: Some Georgetown alumni have political aspirations, if you can believe it.
  • Here's a video of a Bank of America employee musically paying tribute to the recent BoA-MBNA merger. They're really drinking the Kool-Aid over at Bank of America, aren't they? My goodness. Something tells me Bono wouldn't approve.
  • My dear friend Jason Simmons - aka Master Roshambollah - was interviewed on NPR Friday in advance of the World Rock Paper Scissors Championship in Toronto this past weekend. Click here to listen to the interview.
  • Here's a video of Aries Spears, who's famous for his spot-on impersonations of various rappers. This is honestly the most amazing thing I've seen since I witnessed the demolition of Three Rivers Stadium in 2001.
  • I did not watch last week's Country Music Awards. And I assume you didn't either. Which is why you need to watch this clip of Faith Hill's reaction when she hears that she lost "Female Vocalist of the Year" to Carrie Underwood.
  • Finally, apropos of last week's stunning Democratic victory, I'd like to close with this picture of Rick Santorum and fam during his concession speech. In the words of my roommate Pgh Girl, "can you tell the kids are homeschooled?"

2 Comments:

  • That picture is Shat-tastic.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:55 PM  

  • I've been dying to see the Faith Hill reaction to the Carrie Underwood thing. Who the eff is Carrie Underwood? I mean, I know who she is, I listen to Country Music. But seriously, she won over all the other talent? Good lord. What is this world coming to. Martina McBride should win that thing year after year after year.

    By Blogger Melissa, at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home