Cafe 227

Sunday, February 25, 2007

The International Mixtape Project, and Session Americana

I have two music-related plugs for you. I hope you will indulge me.

  • A friend of mine finally finished the web page for his "International Mixtape Project," or "IMP" for short. (Get it? "'IMP' for short?" I'm hilarious.) According to the website,"[t]he International Mixtape Project is a growing community of music lovers who exchange homemade compilation tapes and CDs with likeminded folks around the globe. Every month, each active IMP member is assigned the name and address of another member somewhere else in the world. The rest is simple: Send an awesome mix...Receive an awesome mix!" This is a great project, and I hope you'll take the time to check it out.
  • My junior-year college roommate, Kimon Kirk, is blowing up (musically speaking), so it's time to give him some props. (I've been plugging my other junior-year roommate, the Big Injun, for way too long. It's time for some new blood.) If you live in or around Boston, be sure to check out his band, Session Americana, at the Lizard Lounge in Cambridge, MA on March 8th and 9th. And for a sneak preview, check out YouTube.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home