Cafe 227

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Axis of Evil Comedy Tour comes to DC - Friday, July 28

This isn't a political blog. I certainly don't want to use this space as a forum to voice my frustrations on the current situation in the Middle East. As a Lebanese-American with two first cousins in the Lebanese army and dozens of other family members at risk, I can't speak about the situation objectively anyway. Besides, there are smarter people than me who do that kind of thing for a living.

That said, I wanted to pass along the following information for an comedy show/fundraiser at Busboys and Poets this Friday, July 28. All proceeds will be donated to relief efforts in Lebanon. And not only is this for a good cause, but these guys are hilarious. I've seen them several times and routinely steal their jokes.

___________________________

Axis of Evil Comedy Tour

The acclaimed Axis of Evil Comedy Show, featuring comedians Ahmed Ahmed, Aron Kader, Maz Jobrani, special guest Palestinian/American comedian Dean Obeidallah (Creator of the New York Arab Comedy Festival and Radio personality from Air America). For additional information please visit http://www.axisofevilcomedy.com/. Minimum donation $10.00 – first come first served – space is limited. All proceeds will go to Lebanon relief efforts (we are currently assessing credible organizations to accept the donations on behalf of the people of Lebanon).

___________________________

(As an aside, if you're at all interested in doing something other than attending a comedy show to support Lebanon relief efforts, you can start by signing one or both of these two petitions, although I doubt it'll make much of a difference. To contribute something more tangible than an electronic signature, you could always make a donation to the Red Cross - they seem to have a knack for reaching the most desperate areas.)

1 Comments:

  • I can't believe I missed it! I love Aaron Kader. Was it funny? As a fellow Leb-American, I feel your frustration, too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home