Cafe 227

Monday, July 31, 2006

The Annual Metamorphosis of Cafe 227

Those of you who either (1) know me personally or (2) have read my Friendster/MySpace profile know the following: I have an irrational obsession with the Steelers. Indeed, my disposition is positively correlated with the Steelers' success. Perhaps I view the Steelers as an escape or, more aptly, a distraction from the banalities of staring at Excel spreadsheets all day. In the off-season, I lead quite a productive life - I read works of great literature, watch foreign art-house films of import (without subtitles, mind you), go white water rafting, write lengthy expository essays on Spinoza's concept of the relationship between substance, attributes, and modes, etc. But come August, I'm all about the Steelers.

So, I was heartened to see the following today when I visited the Post Gazette's web site:

That's right - "Steelers: back to work." And, "Thousands cheer Big Ben's every move." Etc.

Training camp has begun.

You know what this means, don't you? Don't worry, Cafe 227's not necessarily going to become a Steelers blog. Nonetheless, the topic of the Steelers will dominate my ongoing virtual dialogue with you from now until the Steelers repeat as Super Bowl champions in February 2007. I know that you may have no interest in the Steelers, but I'm sorry. This is just how it has to be.

Let's start things off on a humorous note...

7 Comments:

  • I say you come to Pgh for the home opener on Sept. 7th. We should tailgate in the parking lot and rig up a television outside... beer by iron city, catering by Salim :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:56 PM  

  • Alayne is funny. I wish she lived in Miami so I could laugh more.

    Aziz, you are on notice... this is the Year of the Falcon!!!

    By Blogger Chico's Bail Bonds, at 4:57 PM  

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHICO!! This is decidedly not the year of the Falcon. Didn't one of your wide receivers just get hurt or something? That's what Peter King said.

    By Blogger Johnny Shades, at 4:59 PM  

  • Brian Finneran getting hurt is a blessing in disguise... it allows Roddy White to develop into the play-making receiver the Falcons need... the question is: can Vick get it to him?

    By Blogger Chico's Bail Bonds, at 8:48 AM  

  • Well, Vick can't get it to him if he injures his hamstring in training camp...

    By Blogger Johnny Shades, at 9:06 AM  

  • At least he did it on the field and not on a fucking motorcycle.

    By Blogger Chico's Bail Bonds, at 10:25 AM  

  • Vick's injury is a blessing in disguise, really. Schaub is better.

    By Blogger AC Milan, at 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home