Cafe 227

Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Parting (LateNight)Shot...

Before I depart for a while, I would like to revisit the LateNightShots phenomenon one more time. As I mentioned previously, our humble blog has been getting a lot of traffic from LNS' web site, but because the web site is password protected, I have no idea what they are saying about us. Nonetheless, out of curiosity, I went back there this morning. I was going to try to "hack" in by entering log-in information that could plausibly work based on some educated guesses (i.e., username: sebastian.vandersnatch.III@georgetown.edu, password: smithpoint). I was immediately taken aback, however, by the picture on the welcome page, which I hadn't seen before...

Is that...CLINTON PORTIS?!? That sure looks like Clinton Portis. Can someone PLEASE confirm that this is Clinton Portis? Does anyone from Deadspin read our blog? If so, you guys are Clinton Portis experts - this is him, right??

It's not that I'm starstruck - after all, Cafe 227 is no stranger to celebrity. It's just that, well, I LOVE Clinton Portis. He's hilarious. His press conferences are brilliant, and so are his Eastern Motors spots ("where your job is your credit"). Basically, what I'm trying to say is that Clinton Portis is currently my second favorite non-Steeler football player, right behind Marc Bulger. And if Clinton Portis is a proud member of the LateNightShots super-exclusive social club, well then, I've completely misjudged them. They're alright by me.

(On the other hand, if they just posted some random picture of Clinton Portis and four anonymous white girls on their web site to exploit his star power for their own benefit, well then, I'd have to say that I feel a bit misled. But I'm sure that's not the case.)

3 Comments:

  • That's Clinton Portis, and there are several pictures on the site of Mr. Southeast Jerome himself with attractive girls who are members of the site.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 AM  

  • That "LNS" site has nothing to do with Georgetown University and those that started it did not go to Georgetown.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 PM  

  • Boy. Thanks for clearing that up, Anonymous.

    Johnny, what are we going to talk about at the next reunion now that this knowledge has been dropped on us???

    By Blogger Chico's Bail Bonds, at 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home