Cafe 227

Friday, June 09, 2006

New Jack City Revisited

It has been almost three weeks since I witnessed that mugging in front of my house. (You remember that mugging, right? The one I told you about, where I sat idly by, frozen by cowardice, unwilling to even shout something out of the window as the helpless victim was being attacked? Yeah, that one...)

Anyway, as you probably already know, that post somehow found it's way to the victim. He and I have been in touch a few times since then, and he seems to be recovering well, but he was injured pretty badly. NBC-4 news interviewed him a few nights ago. You can see the story and video here. He was brave enough to go on the record to speak about his experience - something that
I imagine was not easy for him to do. The statistics don't lie - crime in the Third District has been on a noticeable upward trend this year, and it doesn't seem to be subsiding. Hopefully, Jason's interview with NBC-4 news will increase awareness of the problem and prompt the city and MPD to expand its crime prevention efforts in the neighborhood.

Jason - thanks for sharing this with us, and we continue to wish you a complete and speedy recovery...

2 Comments:

  • It was nice to meet you tonight. Even though you seemed to hit it off with you-know-who, you were still pretty cool. I still want to know about that internship (you can email me from my blog)!

    By Blogger Mr. Anthrope, at 10:59 PM  

  • I think this is for you Garfield...

    By Blogger Johnny Shades, at 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home