Cafe 227

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

It's the Little Things.

So my supervisor told me that as part of my annual bonus this year, our firm is going to buy me a new chair of my choosing. (The little fabric one I currently have is destroying by back beyond recognition.) Of course, I picked out the most elaborate chair I could find - the Liberty Humanscale Ergonomic Office Chair, described by the Grand Rapids Press as "one of the most beautiful office chairs ever created." (Apparently, the Grand Rapids Press is some sort of popular authority on office furniture. I did not know this.)

The Liberty Humanscale chair is like the Sony Playstation to the Herman Miller Aeron chair's Nintendo - the Aeron chair came first and had lots of bells and whistles, but the Humanscale is sleeker, more powerful, and will ultimately prevail. Anyway, I ordered it last week, so I've been waiting with bated breath ever since for it to arrive. I check the mailroom incessantly. I have a sneaking suspician that once I sit in this chair, all of my problems will be solved, and peace will overtake the Middle East and the Darfur region of Sudan. The very idea of this chair has kept me going through an otherwise grueling and hectic two-week time period. I think need a vacation.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home