Cafe 227

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

WHCD

I'm heading to the White House Correspondents' Dinner pre-parties this Saturday, as I did last year. According to my various sources, a number of celebrities are going to be there, including Clooney, Laurence "Larry" Fishburne, and Anna Kornikova. Predictably, though, the only celebrity whom I'm truly excited to see is Ben Roethlisberger, and if I get a chance to talk to him, I'm going to admit that I openly wept when they won the Superbowl. I hope he'll let me take a picture with him - if my 13-year old brother can get his picture with one of the Super Steelers, I should be able to get one too.

So, here's the deal - because I've been so delinquent in my posting lately, I'm going to make an effort to take as many pictures as possible of celebrities and post them on this site. Actually, since I'm not a celebrity whore like some people I know, I won't be personally taking any pictures. I'm going to have my guest take them, if she's willing. Besides, I'm not sure that I'm even allowed to own a camera in this country anymore since, technically speaking, I'm Arab.

Keep your eyes posted here, and hopefully I'll have some Gawker-style photos for you come Monday. In the meantime, if anyone can hook me up with an invitation to the ultra-exclusive Bloomberg after-party, let me know...

3 Comments:

  • Why do I have be the one that looks like a psycho celebrity stalker? Besides, I'm going to be too busy hooking up w/ celebs in dark corners to take pics for your blog....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:28 PM  

  • Tell you what - if you manage to hook up with Ben Roethlisberger, you'll be absolved of your psycho stalker duties...

    By Blogger Johnny Shades, at 8:54 PM  

  • I saw WHCD, and, of course, I suspected that this would be another embarrassing installment of What Has Conor Done? Please tell Ben Roethlisberger that I want him to be the best man at my wedding, and I will schedule said hypothetical event around his availability. Please also get me his autograph. I don't care if it's on toilet paper that was stuck to your shoe.

    By Blogger Conor, at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home