Cafe 227

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Heard on the radio this morning...

I was listening to NPR on WAMU this morning during my drive to work. In between segments, I heard: "WAMU is sponsored in part by Georgetown University..."

WAMU is American University's radio station. Maybe if Georgetown sponsored its own radio station, more than four people would know it exists.

(As an aside - Doza and I had a kick-ass radio show on WGTB our junior year. Thursday nights at 9pm, I think. Doza worked the "wheelz of steel" (that's hip-hop lingo for "turntables"), while I supplied the witty banter. One night, we had a high-school student from California, who was on campus for one of those youth leadership conferences, exhibit his freestyle rap skills. Just a superb show all around.)

2 Comments:

  • That radio show was absolutely fantastic. Johnny & Doza really kept it real for the 16 kids who listened while studying for Map of the Modern World.

    By Blogger Chico's Bail Bonds, at 11:53 AM  

  • I'm going to do a blog in response to this. i'll link to you.

    By Blogger red storm, at 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home