Cafe 227

Thursday, March 02, 2006

A Break in the Action

The busy season is upon me. How I've missed those 70 hour work weeks, those Sunday mornings at the office, those late-night phone calls with corporate lawyers! On top of that, I'll be spending my evenings interviewing potential new roommates because Cappa NPA, founder of Cafe 227, is moving out in April to open another Cafe 227 in Denver. Oh yeah - like Jay-Z, we're worldwide.

Accordingly, I won't have much to say in this space over the next month or so (or I will, but I won't have time to say it).

In the meantime, here are some links that have come between me and efficiency over the past few days...

  • So, after posting our ad on craigslist, I was browsing some of the other ads. This one has to be a scam, doesn't it? I mean, who's ever heard of "super high-speed" internet?
  • This review of Scott Stapp's recent concert at the 9:30 club is hilarious. It's also the funniest thing I've ever read on DCist, but that's not setting the bar very high.
  • In response to Chico's self-deprecating rant on Catholicism yesterday, the founder of Dominos Pizza has decided to build a city in Florida governed by strict Catholic principles.
  • It's Hammer Time in the blogosphere. I've also added this link to my blogroll.
  • These two names have to be the most unfortunate names in America. And Cafe 227 knows something about unfortunate names.
  • I couldn't be more excited about the planned hip-hop exhibit at the Smithsonian. Rumor has it that Mike Jones has agreed to donate his grill.
  • What is this Dress Kevin thing about? How about a new web site: buy-kevin-clothes-that-arent-lame.com? I mean, a non-ironic turtleneck? How lame indeed.

3 Comments:

  • I have a great roommate for you...he is 30, has a good job working for a subsidiary of FBR, and he's reliable with the bills. Plus, he's quite the conversationalist.

    By Blogger Garfield, at 3:38 PM  

  • Yeah. I think we'll pass.

    By Blogger Johnny Shades, at 3:39 PM  

  • please choose a roommate based on their potential compatability with your favorite habitual visitor.

    By Blogger Conor, at 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home