Cafe 227

Thursday, February 02, 2006

In Search of the Gatekeeper

Fado Irish Pub is having a "Lock and Key" Valentine's Day party on February 11 (which, if I'm not mistaken, is 3 days before Valentine's Day). According to Fado's web site, the premise is as follows: "She gets a lock. You get a key. Every match receives 2 commemorative Stella Pints."

My coworkers here tell me that there's some surreptitious sexual symbolism (hey, I just made an alliteration!) in the theme. Maybe I'm dense, but I don't see it. What this event does remind me of, however, is Ghostbusters. Keymaster? Gatekeeper? Remember? Maybe Fado should have this event on Halloween (or rather, 3 days before Halloween) when it's more appropriate.

(By the way, I just spent the last 20 minutes playing the video game Ghostbusters on the online Commodore 64 game emulator. I'm so getting fired.)