Cafe 227

Friday, February 17, 2006

Dude, My House is Awesome!

At the suggestion of DCist, I was thinking about making a trip to Mount Vernon to celebrate Presidents' Day weekend. After all, it has been a while since I've visited.

So I went to the web site, where I was greeted with a quaint flash movie. And in the opening frame of the movie, this quote appeared:

"No estate in United America is more pleasantly situated than this." - George Washington

Whoa. This may or may not be true, but is George Washington really a credible, independent source here? I mean, it was his house. That's like John Travolta saying Broken Arrow was the most courageous and transcedent film ever produced in United America. Again, while it may or may not be true, you're not really going to believe it coming from the movie's lead actor.

I don't care if he's never told a lie, I simply cannot take George Washington's opinion of his own estate at face value. Plus, I'm quite sure that our other founding fathers would disagree...

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home