Cafe 227

Friday, October 20, 2006

On Stingrays...

From Bill Simmons' column today:

"6:47 -- Wait, another stingray attack? Yikes. I think the stingrays are furious that we haven't respected them enough to name a professional sports team after them. Now they're taking it out on us. And frankly, I don't blame them."

Wait just a minute Bill - what about the Tampa Bay Devil Rays? I mean, I'm no marine biologist, but their logo sure looks like a stingray to me.

Or was Bill trying to be cute by implying that the Devil Rays aren't a professional sports team?

3 Comments:

  • Johnny, hate to annoy you in preparation for the big race tomorrow, but Bill got it right.

    A devil ray, is in the same order but different family than a stingray. The manta is also known as a devil ray

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 PM  

  • Well there you go. I'm not, in fact, a marine biologist.

    By Blogger Johnny Shades, at 3:23 PM  

  • They've dropped the "Devil", they're just the Rays now.

    Go Rays!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home