Cafe 227

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Washington Times on Roy Hibbert

I rarely read the Washington Times. But as a Georgetown grad and a die-hard Hoya basketball fan, I thought this article about Roy Hibbert's off-season improvement was superb. My favorite line:

"'I know it's just a summer league, but the big fella can ball,' former Maryland star Lonny Baxter said after Hibbert torched his team for 32 points and 15 rebounds in the title game. In an act of revenge, Baxter dragged Hibbert to the White House, where he shot the young Hoya several times."

Ok, I made that last part up.

As is expected from the Washington Times, the title of the article - "Summer Growth Spurt" - is actually quite misleading. From the accompanying photo, only Hibbert's hands grew to freakishly large proportions, while the rest of his body pretty much stayed the same size:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home