Cafe 227

Monday, May 22, 2006

Hot Georgia

Hello all!

I told some people that I would keep a record of my experience in Georgia for anyone who cared (that number may be less than zero). But, I will do it anyway. I arrived here yesterday from Greensboro, NC at about 4 p.m. I drove 6 hours without any AC, by the way, so my trip got off to a rocking start. I live in a motel-like room but I share a bathroom with one guy in my class. Today was orientation and I had to dress up nice and listen to a whole bunch of stuff about pay, leave, what not to do, blah blah blah. It's fairly warm down here (88 degrees) but tolerable. 5 months of this is a lot but I have to push on through. I want to thank those who came out last Thursday to see me away. It meant a lot to myself and Autumn. By the way, for those who don't know, our wedding date is July 14th, 2007. Aziz, call me back bama. I won't bore everyone with mundane details everyday, but once a week I'll keep everyone informed of the goings on in Georgia. Enjoy DC or wherever you may be!

4 Comments:

  • I, for one, welcome this addition to Cafe 227. It's about time we dealt with serious matters and put aside the snark for a while. Feel free to check in as often as you'd like to let us know how the Mexican-catching is coming.

    By Blogger Johnny Shades, at 10:30 PM  

  • Hi all.
    Where in Georgia are you? I lived in Atlanta for a few years.

    Nice to see poor Johnny Shades gets a break! (kidding) And somehow one of your friends sent me an email of support for taking my blog down temporarily. You all have nice friends. Thanks!

    By Blogger Melissa, at 11:30 PM  

  • Ah, Greensboring. I am sure you woke up pretty early to get outta there...well, at least I did when I left there last.

    By Blogger playfulinnc, at 2:02 PM  

  • Big Worm, thanks for the e-mail / call regarding moving to Georgia. We've known each other for 10 years, you up and move to my home state and I don't even get a courtesy message. I am going to tell my little brother to egg your car and do other Southern things, like make you eat grits... see how you like that, Scranton-boy!

    By Blogger Chico's Bail Bonds, at 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home