Cafe 227

Monday, April 03, 2006

Pizza Pizza, Burger Burger

Remember Little Caesars? I thought they disappeared long ago. I was wrong - apparently, they've been growing steadily for the past 5 years, and Friday's Washington Business Journal (print edition) reports that they plan on opening "70 Washington-area locations within the next 10 years." I really had no idea.

On another local fast food-related note, Five Guys' burgers now has 87 locations, and continues to expand beyond the DC-metropolitan area. I remember driving 30 minutes in college to one of their two locations in the unfamiliar suburb of Arlandria to indulge in their delicious burgers. Now, they're all over the place - even in Pittsburgh. How times have changed.

1 Comments:

  • On a parallel side note, I dragged 3 comrades to a Little Caesar's in New Brunswick, New Jersey, after we were down there for a mandatory conference. I spent the 10 minute drive from the conference site to the home of Mr. Little Caesar (or Caesar Little - unsure of protocol when naming mythical emperors) and the wonderful 2 for 1 deals with the choice of square or round pizzas. I was appalled when the manager looked at me dumbfounded when I inquired as to these tasty options and more than a little embarrassed as I explained to my colleagues to prepare themselves to enjoy some very greasy, regularly-priced, mediocre pizza.

    By Blogger Chico's Bail Bonds, at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home